Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Repurpose everything

In my work I have access to many industrial castoffs, things that are a regular part of shipping and selling groceries but are not recycled by the recycling industry.  

I've been collecting materials and building whatever comes to mind from what is available to me, and this is my attempt to document some of those projects.  Not all of them get completed, and most only survive for a few days.  Some get crushed in a baling machine, leaving nothing but their memory (and some photos on my phone).

Maybe you can find some inspiration from what I've been doing, but I'll be happy if I can get a smile and an occasional kind word.  In our consumer culture it's important to note how many by-products we cast aside just to fulfill our basic needs, forget about the extravagances available in our society.  There are other ways to live; our culture and we as individuals need to start re-learning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment